There is a lot of talk about the economic bailouts and how the corporations who got them are spending the money.
There is a native American legend about a coyote and a scorpion. There was a huge usually dried river bed that the recent rains had filled with water. A coyote walked up the the bank and started to enter the water to swim across when he was interrupted by a scorpion. "will you take me across on your back" said the scorpion. "No" said the coyote, "you will sting me and I will drown." "Why would I do that? We both would die" said the scorpion "Take me across on your back" "I Promise will not sting you." So the Coyote, feeling generous, let the scorpion climb onto his back and then started to swim across the deep river bed. Half-way across the bed, the scorpion stung the coyote. "Why did you do that, now we both will drown and die." said the coyote. As they were sinking into the deep water the scorpion said "What did you expect, I am a scorpion."
What do you expect. They are greedy corporate monsters.
1 comment:
So there's some good in the bailout and some bad, in my opinion. Two things worry me more than anything else: 1) I know that bailout plans will be directed to those that "didn't do anything wrong," but inevitably we will end up rewarding some people that bought houses they couldn't afford, or took risks that they shouldn't have. It's not so much that I feel those people should be justly punished, but I worry about the precedent it sets if people know they can be irresponsible and have the government bail them out. 2) We're taking on an ENORMOUS amount of debt to finance this bailout. Is it fair to future generations to be saddled with this debt? Just some thoughts.
Post a Comment