Most of our friends don't have adequate gardening space, yet most of us are hippie tree huggers so want to grow our own food. =c) Thus began the Goates/Barker friendship garden. I have never had a garden in Poky's arid climate so welcome the advice and help. It also keeps the dust down on that side of the house and looks pretty good. On another plus side since we are the primary caretakers we didn't have to buy any of the Veggies. I think with 3 zucchini and 14.. yes 14 tomato plants, plus a handful of peppers, and cucumbers I will have to take my
"learning how to can better" goal more seriously this fall.
Marley rather lay in the dirt hole (oh I mean cooling gazebo) behind the luxury pool, but obi ,being the princess she knows she is, loves to play in the cool water. oh and yes.. the cooler is for the dogs. =c)
More time consuming than we both imagined
so naturally we spend pretty much every waking moment on it.
But we built it with a shovel and a rake.. superstars
I had to get rid of a flower bed (and also dug a elm tree stump out) but really wanted some space to hang out on outside. Its been fun. It is right near the sidewalk so is great to socialize with people walking by who we usually know because, lets face it, its Pocatello.. our group is small.
I love owning a house. I love all the little projects that come with ownership. I actually love yard work too. I think its because it is still pretty new and novel, and also because it requires being outside. Also I have a little yard. Its pretty manageable.
2 comments:
The garden looks great! Annie and I can't wait until we get to own a house.
Hi Christina;
I know this must seem really strange & awkward - and I do apologize if I am at all out of line! My name is Kim Marvin (maiden name was DeYoung) and your blog came up in a name search I did on Google. Assuming you're the Christina A. Goates I'm remembering, I used to know your mom, brother, and you (as a toddler) - many years ago in Texas. You're mom was a Sunday School Teacher of mine and your brother a friend at church and at school. I used to babysit for you fairly often when you were a baby and a toddler. Over the years, I have kept with me such wonderful memories of each of you. I have often wondered about you & your mom (who made such a huge impression on me from the 1st moment I met her) and I've always regretted losing touch. I hope I'm not stepping out of bounds by posting this. If you are the Christina Goates I'm thinking of, I hope you will get in touch some time. I'm leaving my e-mail address below. I can't imagine you (not) being the "right" Christina... It was so neat to see pictures you! ...A grown-up version of the beautiful little girl I used to know. You clearly have you mom's awesome smile - the one I remember so fondly. Thank you for lettting me post.
Sincerely,
Kim (DeYoung) Marvin
kimberley.marvin@yahoo.com
Post a Comment