Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Birthday Blog 2010

Wow, I am entering the last, yes LAST year in my twenties. It is odd to think that It is has been ten years since I felt like I was an adult. That strange little fact has facilitated some pondering on how I have changed in those ten adult years. What do I do now that is "more adult" than I did when I was 19. Here is some of what I have come up with.

"grown-up" habits, behaviors, and thoughts I did not have ten years ago but do now.

* Wash my car regularly.
* Buy stuff at Home Depot
* Cook real meals
* Use a coaster
* Make bed MORE regularly
* Get excited to go to a gourmet kitchen store
* Thought the other day "wow I don't think I will get another piercing ever"
* Took eyebrow ring out
* Would rather go to a quiet lounge with the ability to actually talk and hear friends than a noisy bar. Well unless some killer band is playing.
* Think the teenagers these days dress ridiculous! Skinny Jeans are UGLY.
* The idea of having a roommate besides Stacey now sounds very unappealing.
* I'm more excited for my garden this summer than the new CD about to come out by my favorite band
* Adult swim on cartoon network. Not as funny as I remember
* Tend to watch food network over cartoon network
* LOVE food network
* I have TV (still don't watch that much though, just a few things here and there. I like it that way)
* Find my friends young children actually cute and not loud screaming stinky presence in the room.
* I make plans
* I make a grocery list
* Workout not only for looks, but health too
* More health conscious of my food
* Take vitamins
* Enjoy my adult friends wine and food parties over any keg party
* This last year I have had friends who have turned 21, turned 30, turned 40, turned 60 graduated college, been married, became parents, became grandparents, and got divorced.

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

Ok...So now I am confused! It says that I am following you already? I didn't even know that you had a blog!!! Love it so far!


Followers